Just like human food, many store-bought dog treats are filled with artificial flavors, fillers, and preservatives. If you wouldn’t eat it, your pooch shouldn’t either! Here are 3 easy recipes for peanut butter dog treats. (Cause it’s no secret doggos love peanut butter too!) PSA: Xylitol is toxic for dogs, so please make sure your peanut butter (or any other treats) do not contain it!
Just like humans, there are benefits to a grain-free diet for dogs! Some experts say that since dogs did not evolve eating grains that they can be tough on a pup’s digestive system. Whether or not you or your dog follow a strict grain-free diet, we can agree that opting for a grain-free treat has its benefits! These grain-free pumpkin peanut butter cookies are so tasty and easy to make that we won’t judge if you eat one yourself. 😉
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter
- 3 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil (measured at room temp, then melt & slightly cool!)
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl
- Gently roll out the dough on a cutting board or counter dusted with coconut flour
- Roll dough into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick
- Cut into desired shapes (dog bones are cute, obviously)
- Transfer cutouts to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until the edges are slightly brown
- Enjoy! (directed at your dog of course, but again, no judgment)
Adopted from Urban Bliss Life
Peanut Butter Banana Pup-Sicles
These pup-sicles are a great way to cool down your dog on a hot summer day! Or, really any day because we know they always want treats!
PS – We have recipes for human popsicles here.
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- Water (optional, but can help to mix!)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Drop spoonfuls of mixture onto a lined baking sheet and freeze
- Alternate: place a spoonful in a Kong toy for your dog to enjoy (and keep them entertained)!
Adopted from the Humane Society of the US
Coconut Oil Peanut Butter Bites
You probably know about benefits of coconut oil for humans, but did you know it has many benefits for dogs too? It can improve digestion, promote a shiny coat, increase energy, and reduce bad breath! Paired with cinnamon, which has anti-inflammatory properties, this recipe is equally beneficial and tasty for your pup!
- 1 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients on the stove until melted
- Pour into silicone molds and freeze until set
- Store in the fridge!
Adopted from Golden Barrel
Leave a Comment:
- How to Have the Coziest Autumn Ever October 16, 2017
- How to Make Sweet Potato Toast October 13, 2017
- 5 Fall Hikes in the Midwest With Some Serious Foliage Views October 3, 2017
- Meal Prepping Kid Lunches September 15, 2017
- Cold Showers: Change Your Life and Revolutionize Your Morning Routine September 11, 2017