Alcohol isn’t necessarily a healthy choice, but we can lessen the damage by making our cocktails with other healthy ingredients. That way you can get your probiotics in while simultaneously shutting down your metabolism… life’s all about balance, right? 😉 In all seriousness, we’ve curated a list of healthy(ish) cocktails to enjoy without the questionable ingredients commonly found in fruity summer drinks. BONUS! Our co-founder, Matt D’Amour, created this groovy playlist to go with them. Invite your homies over and enjoy an evening of cocktails and tunes.
- 1 part organic vodka
- 3 parts kombucha (we recommend GT’s gingerade or gingerberry)
- Juice from ½ organic lime
Fill a tall glass with ice. Pour in 1 part organic vodka, then add 3 parts kombucha. Squeeze the lime juice in, and garnish with a lime wedge (if you wanna get fancy).
Note: adapted from Cookie and Kate
- 2.5 ounces Organic Tequila
- 1 ounce clear agave nectar
- 1 ounce cold water
- Juice from 1 fresh-squeezed organic lime
Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake, shake, shake (your booty. Jk, but we don’t discourage it). Pour over ice and enjoy! This recipe makes one margarita – double the recipe as needed!
- 2 ounces organic vodka
- Handful of organic strawberries
- Organic lemonade
- Natural or organic soda
Muddle the strawberries in a mixing glass, add the vodka and a splash of soda, and fill the rest of the glass with lemonade.
- 2 ounces Kale juice (just blend kale with water in a blender)
- 3 ounces organic lemonade
- 1 ounce organic gin
- 2 ounces club soda
Pour all ingredients into a martini glass and stir. Enjoy and pretend you’re drinking a green juice. 😉
Starting with the mint leaves, drop all ingredients into a shaker and shake with ice. Transfer into a glass, top with club soda, stir, and enjoy this refreshing cocktail!
Note: adapted from Care2
Psst…Don’t forget to enjoy these cocktails with our Healthy Happy Hour playlist! 🙂
Leave a Comment:
One response to “5 Healthy(ish) Cocktail Recipes”
- How to Have the Coziest Autumn Ever October 16, 2017
- How to Make Sweet Potato Toast October 13, 2017
- 5 Fall Hikes in the Midwest With Some Serious Foliage Views October 3, 2017
- Meal Prepping Kid Lunches September 15, 2017
- Cold Showers: Change Your Life and Revolutionize Your Morning Routine September 11, 2017