It’s 10:00am. You’re reaching for that second cup of coffee. You think, “I really need the pick-me-up, but I wish there were some health benefits to this cup of caffeine.” Look no further! We’ve put together a list of ways to supercharge that morning cup o’ joe.
By now, you’ve probably seen the hype around fatty coffee or Bulletproof Coffee. There are a variety of benefits to including healthy fats in your morning coffee, including boosted energy and focus. #brainpower We’ve also written an entire blog post dedicated to fat.
There are several options for incorporating fat into coffee. We recommend doing your own research and finding which source suits you and your dietary needs the best!
- Organic coconut oil
- MCT oil
- Organic ghee
- Grass fed butter
- Bulletproof Brain Octane if you wanna get fancy 😉
Adaptogens are natural substances, primarily herbs, that help your body adapt to stress and fatigue. They do so by regulating important hormones! They’re kind of like extra super superfoods. Here are some of our favorites and the benefits they can provide.
- ashwagandha: reduces physical, mental, and emotional stress
- reishi: good for immune support and longevity
- cordyceps: muscle tone and sexual energy
- chaga: rich source of B-vitamins and energy
- maca: balances endocrine system and rich in fiber
Treat Yo’Self (with Healthy Alternatives)
Sometimes, you just really want that creamer and sugar, though you know it’s not the healthiest choice. Don’t fret! There’s healthier (and dare I say, tastier,) alternatives. Healthy swaps include:
- cacao powder
- stevia (minimally processed, like Sweet Leaf brand)
- homemade hemp milk – leefromamerica has an amazing, easy recipe
Healthy Coffee Recipe
I’ll leave you with my current personal favorite coffee concoction. It combines healthy fat and adaptogens for one powerful cup o’ joe!
- 8-12 oz organic Equal Exchange coffee
- 1 tbs organic coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ashwagandha
- 1/2 tsp moringa
- 1/2 tsp maca
- 1-2 tsp organic cinnamon
- a splash of organic maple syrup or honey
Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE a good cup of black coffee. But this newfound concoction is just on another level! In a strange way, it doesn’t even taste like coffee, but like a magical potion that leaves me feeling ready to crush the day.
Leave a Comment:
- How to Have the Coziest Autumn Ever October 16, 2017
- How to Make Sweet Potato Toast October 13, 2017
- 5 Fall Hikes in the Midwest With Some Serious Foliage Views October 3, 2017
- Meal Prepping Kid Lunches September 15, 2017
- Cold Showers: Change Your Life and Revolutionize Your Morning Routine September 11, 2017