Sweet Potato Toast: you’ve heard about that little phenomenon, right? Sticking a sliced sweet potato in a toaster and adding toppings? I know what you’re thinking… THAT’S GENIUS. We agree, and let’s embrace it! Who doesn’t love a tasty breakfast that’s ultra-healthy, am I right?
We’ll show you how easy it is to indulge in that cashew butter drizzle and still get the nutrition you need for a balanced breakfast.
Let’s start with the basics…
How to Make Sweet Potato Toast:
- Buy a Sweet Potato. (In case you forget)
- Slice the sweet potato into ¼ inch slices (so they become toast-like) Don’t worry about peeling the skin – leave it on for extra fiber!
- Place it into your toaster. We’d recommend two rounds of toasting, depending on the heat of your toaster! The goal is to cook it completely through, and get a slightly browned ‘toast’ to your sweet potato!
- ADD TOPPINGS!!! Hands down, it’s the most wonderful part of the whole process.
- Eat it up! If you use one of our potions for the drizzle, be sure to tag us on Instagram at @Yumbutter! 😉
Topping Ideas – The Best Part:
The world of topping combination is endless, but here are a few of our favorites!
Avo + Cream Cheese: Add your favorite nut cheese spread (we like Kite Hill) and top with sliced avocado, sea salt, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
Cashew + Banana: Spread a little Superfood Cashew Butter as the base, add sliced bananas, and sprinkle with bee pollen, honey, and/or cinnamon. Possibilities for the sprinkle on this one are endless!
Avo + Almond Butter: Turn your almond butter into a savory snack! Blend half an organic avocado with a squeeze of our Superfood Almond Butter. Make it spicy by adding a hit of cayenne! You’ll be amazed how creamy and savory your toast will become.
Reasons We Love Sweet Potato Toast:
Besides tasting delicious, do you want to know the best part about sweet potato toast? It’s Whole30 approved, paleo, and gluten-free! And of course, the fact that it was practically made to be a medium for transporting nut butter. Happy toasting!
Leave a Comment:
- February 2018 (3)
- January 2018 (2)
- December 2017 (4)
- November 2017 (4)
- October 2017 (4)
- September 2017 (3)
- August 2017 (6)
- July 2017 (3)
- June 2017 (5)
- May 2017 (3)
- April 2017 (7)
- March 2017 (7)
- February 2017 (6)
- January 2017 (3)
- December 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- July 2016 (5)
- June 2016 (2)
- May 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (3)
- Go Love Yourself: A Yumbutter Philosophy February 13, 2018
- What Nut Butters Are Paleo? A Guide to Yumbutter’s Potions February 6, 2018
- Valentine’s Day Treats For Your Peanut Butter Lover February 1, 2018
- 10 Oatmeal Recipes For National Oatmeal Month January 4, 2018
- Science-Backed Ways to Cement Habits January 3, 2018