We learned something very important recently. Brace yourself… Pancake mix can be used for MORE THAN JUST PANCAKES.
I KNOW. We had no idea.
Luckily, our friends at Birch Benders Micro-Pancakery showed us the light, and in the most delicious way possible.
2 cups Birch Benders Gluten Free Pancake Mix
1 cup Yumbutter Superfood Almond Butter
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tsp. cider vinegar
1/2 cup organic milk
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
12 tsp. raspberry jam or preserves
1/2 cup unsalted butter, soft
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup raspberry jam or preserves
1/4 cup organic cream, room temperature
Fresh raspberries and slivered almonds, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350*F, and grease a 12-cup muffin tin, or line with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut oil, vinegar, vanilla, and milk.
3. Fold in pancake mix.
4. Scoop 2 tbsp. of batter into each well of the muffin tin. Place one tsp. raspberry jam on top, and layer on 2 more tablespoons of batter.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
7. Using a hand mixer, combine frosting ingredients in a large bowl on medium, until smooth.
8. Frost each cupcake with a butter knife or offset spatula. Sprinkle with slivered almonds and top with a raspberry.
Yield: 1 dozen cupcakes
Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
Arrange artfully on a tray, and walk into that party with swagger.