Peanut butter and chocolate… a love story as old as time. Okay, but seriously, who doesn’t love this heavenly combo? Here’s a simple, yet tasty, sweet treat for your sweetie (and you, of course).
½ cup organic peanut butter ( try this 😉 )
Additional 2 tbs peanut butter for topping if your HEART desires (get it? #ValentinesDayPuns)
2 tbs organic maple syrup
3 tbs gluten free flour of choice
3 tbs organic cocoa powder
2 tbs organic coconut oil (plus 1 tsp for the topping if desired)
1) Melt peanut butter over medium heat – you’ll need to constantly stir! When melted, remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes
2) Mix 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup into the peanut butter
3) Mix in the GF flour to a thick texture – add more flour as needed!
4) Form peanut butter mixture into hearts and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper OR fill freezer heart molds with the mixture. Your choice! 🙂 Freeze until solid (about 1 hour)
5) While the hearts are freezing, melt coconut oil on the stove. Then add cocoa powder, the other tablespoon of maple syrup, and mix until silky smooth
6) Coat each heart with chocolate, and place on baking sheet with parchment paper. Put back in freezer until coating is set
7) For peanut butter topping: Melt 2 tablespoons peanut butter and 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Drizzle and design to your liking!
This scrumptious recipe for peanut butter and chocolate hearts was adapted from Alexa of Fooduzzi.