A summery afternoon picnic where the kiddos can run around in the park or at the beach is an afternoon well spent. Better yet, the kitchen stays clean! We understand trying to find on-the-go lunch options that are satisfying for your littles’ tummies can be tricky so we thought we’d provide a few ideas! Below are some quick and healthy picnic lunch recipes for kids filled with nourishing ingredients that your kids (and you) will love.
Strawberry, Banana, and Apple Kabobs with Nut Butter Dipping Sauce
- Organic strawberries
- Organic bananas
- Organic apples
- Peanut butter and/or almond butter
- Wooden or bamboo serving skewers
Put a few servings of different varieties of nut butter in separate bowls and set aside. Chop the strawberries into halves, bananas into 1/2 inch slices, and apples into cubes. Strand the fruit along the wooden/bamboo serving skewers in the order listed (probably 2-3 of each type of fruit on each stick). Serve the fruit kabobs alongside the nut butter and enjoy!
Ladybugs on a Log with Goji Berries
- Organic celery
- Superfood Sunflower Butter
- Organic sun-dried goji berries and / or organic fair-trade chocolate chips
Chop the celery into four inch long slices, spread a heaping amount of nut butter into the indented side of each slice and top with your choice of goji berries or chocolate chips! These ladybug treats help provide for a fun-filled day through their rich sources of vitamins, Omega 3’s, calcium, and protein!
Turkey and Cucumber Sandwiches
- Organic hormone-free turkey
- Organic cucumber slices
- Sprouted wheat or gluten-free bread
- Organic Valley raw cheddar
- Organic hummus
Spread a bit of hummus onto your favorite bread and finish with a couple ounces of turkey, a slice of cheese, and some slices of cucumber. Who knew sandwiches could be filled with so much protein, antioxidants, and fiber!
♥ ♥ ♥
Toss your recipe creations into a basket alongside some grain-free graham crackers, snap peas, and carrots. Don’t forget to pack water bottles, reusable napkins, plates, serving wear, and silver wear! Lastly, grab some lawn games, and a good book, and you’re all set for an afternoon the whole family will enjoy! 🙂
Leave a Comment:
- How to Have the Coziest Autumn Ever October 16, 2017
- How to Make Sweet Potato Toast October 13, 2017
- 5 Fall Hikes in the Midwest With Some Serious Foliage Views October 3, 2017
- Meal Prepping Kid Lunches September 15, 2017
- Cold Showers: Change Your Life and Revolutionize Your Morning Routine September 11, 2017